Practice Challenges and Tests
The Islamic University or college of Gaza
Faculty of Commerce
Division of Economics and Political Sciences
An intro to Figures Course (ECOE 1302)
Spring Semester 2009-2010
Chapter one particular - Intro and Data Collection
Practice Exam -- Solution
Teachers: Dr . Samir Safi
Mister. Ibrahim Abed
SECTION We: MULTIPLE-CHOICE
1 ) The world or " totality of items or things" under consideration is referred to as a) a sample.
b) a population.
c) a parameter.
d) a statistic.
2 . A summary evaluate that is computed to describe a characteristic of the entire population is called
a) a parameter.
b) a census.
c) a statistic.
d) the scientific technique.
3. Which usually of the subsequent is a under the radar quantitative changing? a) The Dow Jones Industrial average
b) The volume of water introduced from a dam
c) The distance you drove recently.
d) The number of employees associated with an insurance company
5. The category of scholar class status (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) is a good example of
a) a categorical arbitrary variable.
b) a discrete random adjustable.
c) a consistent random adjustable.
d) a parameter.
a couple of
SECTION II: TRUE OR PERHAPS FALSE
1 ) A sample is definitely the portion of the universe that is selected to get analysis. Accurate
2 . The possible replies to the issue " How much time have you been living at your current residence? вЂќ are ideals from a continuous variable. The case
3. A continuous variable might take on any kind of value within its relevant range even though the measurement device may not be exact enough to record that. True
5. Student grades (A to F) could be an example of continuous numerical data. False
five. A statistic is usually unobservable while a parameter is normally observable. Fake
6. The response to the issue " How can you rate the caliber of your business figures courseвЂќ can be an example of a great ordinal scaled variable.
7. The kind of TV 1 owns is usually an example of a numerical changing. False
almost eight. Whether the university is private or public is among the a particular variable. Authentic
9. The grade level (K-12) of any student is definitely an example of a nominal scaled variable. Fake
10. The number of water consumed by a person per week is usually an example of a consistent variable.
11. To learn to use statistical programs, you need to understand the actual statistical concepts.
The Islamic University of Gaza
Faculty of Commerce
Department of Economics and Political Sciences
An Introduction to Statistics Course (ECOE 1302)
Spring Term 2009-2010
Chapter 3 - Numerical Descriptive Measures
Practice Exam - Solution
Trainers: Dr . Samir Safi
Mister. Ibrahim Abed
SECTION I actually: MULTIPLE-CHOICE
1 . Which of the following stats is not really a measure of central tendency? a) Arithmetic mean.
2 . Which usually of the math mean, median, and mode are tolerant measures of central trend?
a) The arithmetic suggest and typical only.
b) The typical and function only.
c) The mode and math mean just.
d) Each of the three are resistant measures.
3. Which of the following statements regarding the median is incorrect? a) It really is more affected by extreme ideals than the arithmetic mean. b) It is a measure of central trend.
c) It is equal to Q2.
d) It truly is equal to the mode in bell-shaped " normal" allocation. 4. Within a perfectly symmetrical distribution
a) the range equals the interquartile range.
b) the interquartile range equals the arithmetic mean.
c) the median equals the arithmetic imply.
d) the variance means the standard change.
5. On the whole, which of the following detailed summary steps cannot be quickly approximated from a boxplot?
a) The variance.
b) The range.
c) The interquartile range.
d) The typical.
6. Which usually descriptive summary measures are viewed as to be tolerant statistics? a) The math mean and standard deviation.
b) The interquartile range and range.
c) The mode and variance.
d) The median and interquartile range.
Essay regarding trial balance
Essay regarding The Substantial Court as a Political Enterprise
Essay about The Jade Peony
Essay regarding The Aim - Book Report
Essay about The Major Socio-Cultural Experiences of African Us citizens
Essay regarding Victor Frankenstein
Essay regarding Orbital Engine Company
Essay about Paul Ingram
Essay regarding roller coaster task
Essay regarding Phenomenology of affection
Essay regarding Treetop Forest Products Limited
Essay about The Greatest of Greats
Essay about Supply Sequence Management of Product